Welcome, Guest
Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

The MatriX
  • Welcome To Ghbsys
  • CS GO Streaming Version is released. Have fun streaming while cheating!
  • Have a Payment Issue? Send us a Support ticket.
  • Make a thread if you need support or join our discord for live support.
  • Have Suggestions? Make a thread and you'll earn Ghbsys Points for implemented suggestions.
  • Join our discord to stay well connected! Don't forget to integrate your discord to the site
  • Welcome to [GHB] - GAmEhAcKbAsTaRdS Forum

Welcome to [GHB] - GAmEhAcKbAsTaRdS Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of [GHB] - GAmEhAcKbAsTaRdS Forum by signing in or creating an account.
    • Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.

R.I.P. korgoth

» Xnoizzz «

i know we are a gamehacking website and we kinda hate the admins of warrock because of banning us, but i dont think they should die! sad enough this happend to Mr. Bannhammer (Korgoth)

''Just got terrible news. A team member passed away last night . We'll miss you Korgoth!''

DIVA:

don't really know what to say, so I guess I'll just write my memories of B. (who you knew as Korgoth). For those of you who don't know me, I was the original Community Manager for War Rock, then a Producer for Gamers First before I left K2 Network in 2008.

In many ways, if I was regarded as the 'mother' to the War Rock community - then Korgoth was definitely the grumpy, ban-happy 'father.'

He was at K2 when I started (back when we were in closed Beta), and I think we bonded over banning nubs and complaining about Dream Execution, and the fact that he was the QA manager and I had a QA background. He was the kind of guy I looked up to, because he'd been in the industry a hell of a lot longer than I had, and he'd worked on the games that brought me through my 8-bit childhood.

He'd get really excited about some bans (especially if a certain player had been irking him and finally did something to justify a ban), and he'd wave his arms and wave cigarette smoke all over the place when he told us about it. He was definitely the most ban-happy of all of us admins, and banning hackers was probably the highlight of his day.

He always had a mustache/beard thing going. I'm glad he never shaved it off because then he just wouldn't be Korgoth. He's also used the same damn Korgoth avatar since the dawn of time.

I remember late nights prepping for War Rock's commercial launch, going to Denny's at like 4 in the morning and then going back to the office. I also remember he kept booze at his desk, though I can't remember what kind. He also kept a couple of dwarf hamsters at work, which I believe were named "Q" and "A."

I don't remember much of the World Championship in Korea except we both got trashed and then he dragged me along to sing karaoke with the other War Rock staff. I distinctly recall him encouraging me to hit on the War Rock Phillipines rep, who turned out to be straight (thanks for nothing, Korg). Anyway, Korg sang - I didn't because I hate karaoke. I remember he belted out Highway to the Danger Zone or something equally awesome, but that's Korgoth for you.

He constantly threatened to quit, but we always made fun of him because we all knew he wouldn't. Even when he was filled with burning rage, he cared deeply about War Rock and he cared about the community just as much as I did, which is why he took the time to read and post on the forums, and plead with the team and developers on your behalf to make the game better for you.

He was the kind of guy you didn't just work with - you could always depend on him to take care of his business, you could rely on him to do his work so you could do yours. But you'd also go out and have a beer with him after work and shoot the breeze, because he was just a really cool dude.

That's about all I got, I guess. It's hard to encompass him in words but hopefully this helped you get to know a little bit more about the guy that did so much for War Rock. The passing of a good man is always sad and I'm sorry he's gone.

We'll miss you, Korgoth. I'll always be your Diva.

Pixel:

It's great to see the community that Korgoth loved so much come together at a time like this. He was a friend and a mentor and inspired all of us here to work hard and play hard, more importantly he taught us that it's alright to be who you are. (even Nemico)

He will be missed.

Thonatos:

I just wanted to take a moment and say thank you to everybody for your thoughts. It's been a difficult day here at GamersFirst and we all miss Korgoth dearly.

Long live Korgoth

Best,

Joe Rush

Director of Operations - GamersFirst

Hyperion:

Old enough to have lived a full and happy life. Old enough to get pissed at mentioning his age smile.gif

It is touching to see all the comments, and I know that there are true feelings of remorse from the community.

Korgoth was a mentor to me, I could write a 100 page farewell but it still wouldn't do justice.

He was loved and will be missed terribly.

Nemico:

As Hyperion mentioned above, Korgoth was our mentor & friend. There is no words to explain how extraordinary he really was. I know most of you only know him as the Ban Hammer, but this a guy who has worked on games since the 80's, which were games a lot of us grew up playing.

War Rock was his love, raging was his game, and that Ban Hammer was permanently attached to his right arm!

He will be missed!

Neume:

Thanks for all the comments. Korgoth was a great part of our community and more than that, for us, he was a great friend and colleague. The details on the situation are not available yet so we don't want to say a lot other than the fact his family contacted us this morning with the news.

Many of you just knew Korgoth as Mr. Ban Hammer. In truth many of us knew him the same way smile.gif. The reality is Korgoth embodied what we all think of as GamersFirst. His dedication to our community and games is irreplaceable. Some of you may not know this but Korgoth worked in the industry for almost 30 years. He was on the Zelda team back at Nintendo and worked on so many projects that are now legend in the game industry it isn't even funny.

To me personally, Korgoth was a great friend. We spent many years working together and he taught me so much about the industry and the game (War Rock). He was someone who always accepted people for who they were and never judged. He was my Rupaul's Drag Race buddy. Every week we'd discuss the "girls" and who should get booted next. In what was one of the most pivotal moments in my career, Korgoth was there for me and I'll never for get it.

Korgoth always spoke for the community whenever he felt they didn't have a voice and trust me, his voice was loud enough to do so

I'll miss him a great deal and my thoughts are with his family during this tough time.

if you cant see the vid:

Edited by ZeaS

aber es ist schade denn auch wir hacker brauchen leute in der com die neues bringen und ohne das macht es keinen spaß

Edited by Sheyhuhn

• 2 weeks later...